The Rex Nettleford Fellowship
In Cultural Studies 2013
|Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the
REX NETTLEFORD FELLOWSHIP IN CULTURAL STUDIES, 2013.
T he Fellowship was established by the Rhodes Trust to mark the centenary of the Rhodes Scholarships in the Caribbean in 2004 and to honour the distinguished contribution of Professor the Honorable Rex Nettleford O.M. to higher education and to the cultural life of the Caribbean. The prize will be awarded annually.
The terms and conditions of the Fellowship are:
1. The awardee should be a resident of the Caribbean under the age of 35 years.
2. All areas of scholarship in the field of Cultural Studies, including the creative arts, may be pursued.
3. The value of the award will be ₤10,000 with an associated travel grant of ₤2,000.
4. The award holder will be expected to use the tenure of the award to either complete an existing piece of work or to develop a new project.
5. The award holder will be encouraged to give a seminar, workshop or public lecture on his or her or her project, which would be made more generally available on the website of the Rhodes Trust.
6. The Selection Panel for the Fellowship will comprise representatives of the Rhodes Trust and other distinguished persons in the intellectual and cultural life of the Caribbean.
A candidate is required to submit the following materials:
(a) A birth certificate
(original or certified copy);
(1) The Jamaican and
Caribbean Secretary to the Rhodes Trust
(2) The Office of
2013, All rights reserved, do not copy any information from this page